This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Removing redundant loads
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 20:06:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Removing redundant loads
- References: <200305302254.h4UMsl1I020168@speedy.slc.redhat.com>
On Fri, 30 May 2003 16:54:47 -0600, email@example.com wrote:
> operand_equal_p returns false if either operand has side effects -- even
> if both operands are equal.
Hmm. This isn't a problem for gimple_tree_eq, since I don't want to share
a temp between evaluations of an expression with side effects.
> For example, if you pass it this tree for both operands, you'll get a
> false back from operand_b because this expression has tree_side_effects
Why does that expression have TREE_SIDE_EFFECTS set?