This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Removing redundant loads
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:39:59 -0600
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Removing redundant loads
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <email@example.com>, Jason Merrill writes:
>Do we think that assign_vars crashes indicate something other than "the
>ssa->normal pass isn't done yet"?
It can indicate that an earlier pass set up overlapping lifetimes as
well. That's what we're running into on the rs6000 (and presumably
x86 with checking disabled).
I've got a preliminary change I'm poking at which appears to fix the
rs6000 problem (though it will be several hours before I know if it's
good enough to bootstrap). I'll be testing it on a non-checking x86