This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] PATCH to &&/|| gimplification
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 May 03 09:56:36 EDT
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] PATCH to &&/|| gimplification
Well, the mental model
Richard and I hashed through a while back was that we'd do most loop
optimizations at the tree level, but that we'd need a simplified loop
optimizer to run on RTL as well. Once we lower to RTL there's going
to be some stuff exposed for LICM and possibly some strength
I don't follow. Most strength reduction opportunities are in addressing
calculations and those you don't see until RTL.