This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Various reworkings of PLACEHOLDER stuff
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: jason at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 May 03 09:38:34 EDT
- Subject: Re: Various reworkings of PLACEHOLDER stuff
Not all defined tree nodes are valid GIMPLE. I don't entirely
understand what PLACEHOLDER_EXPR/WITH_RECORD_EXPR do, but I would
expect that the lowering pass would be able to remove them.
Unless you want to make a whole bunch of new subtypes as part of a
"lowering" pass, I don't see how. Or why for that matter.