This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Various reworkings of PLACEHOLDER stuff
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Cc: s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 13:00:22 -0400
- Subject: Re: Various reworkings of PLACEHOLDER stuff
- References: <10305281109.AA10642@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Wed, 28 May 03 07:09:16 EDT, email@example.com (Richard Kenner) wrote:
> And PLACEHOLDER_EXPR is not part of GIMPLE...
> Since it's a defined tree node, it most certainly should be (I assume
> WITH_RECORD_EXPR isn't either), but not much has to be done with it
> since it's used only when converting trees to RTL.
Not all defined tree nodes are valid GIMPLE. I don't entirely understand
what PLACEHOLDER_EXPR/WITH_RECORD_EXPR do, but I would expect that the
lowering pass would be able to remove them.