This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] More constant folding of math built-ins.
- From: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- To: roger at eyesopen dot com
- Cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu (Brad Lucier), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:57:31 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] More constant folding of math built-ins.
The following patch implements some more constant folding optimizations
of GCC's mathematical builtins. We now optimize ... atan(tan(x)) = x
(with -funsafe-math-optimizations) ...
This is hardly getting a corner case wrong or missing a rounding or getting
the sign of zero wrong. Did you really mean to do tan(atan(x))=x?