This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Various reworkings of PLACEHOLDER stuff
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 May 03 07:09:16 EDT
- Subject: Re: Various reworkings of PLACEHOLDER stuff
Just curious: What are the future plans for the Ada front end with
tree-ssa in mind?
Well, I'm not very familiar with the tree-ssa experiment, so I can't comment on
that, but I can on your other questions.
Ada does not build functions as trees,
That is on my list of things to do.
and it is the only front end that uses PLACEHOLDER_EXPR tree nodes.
Right: as far as I know, Ada is the only language with
self-referential objects in terms of sizes, positions, and bounds.
And PLACEHOLDER_EXPR is not part of GIMPLE...
Since it's a defined tree node, it most certainly should be (I assume
WITH_RECORD_EXPR isn't either), but not much has to be done with it
since it's used only when converting trees to RTL.