This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] powerpc64-linux bi-arch support
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>, Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:46:53 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc64-linux bi-arch support
This patch is going to require a lot of careful review. One issue
I notice is :
/* PowerPC no-op instruction. */
-#define RS6000_CALL_GLUE "nop"
+#define RS6000_CALL_GLUE (TARGET_64BIT ? "nop" : "cror 31,31,31")
Why are you changing RS6000_CALL_GLUE based on TARGET_64BIT? It is a new
mnemonic versus old mnemonic issue. PPC32 Linux does not use it and PPC64
only uses "nop".