This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR optimization/10876
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 00:32:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR optimization/10876
- References: <10305251810.AA28250@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
> Yes, of course. But the point is that the RTL representation for both
> is (plus (reg) (const_int 4096)): the code that writes the insn has to
> know whether to use "add" or "sub".
Yes, I never intended to discuss that point. My mistake was to try to express
a constraint of the assembly language by using RTL code.
I'll never do it again, I promise :-)