This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR optimization/10876
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 16:58:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR optimization/10876
- References: <10305251426.AA27314@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
> No, I only exposed the problem in RTL notation to avoid using SPARC
> assembly. In other words: the direct translation in SPARC assembly of
> the first form is impossible, while that of the second is possible.
> Of course it's "possible" since they are *the same*!
Uh... I fail to see the logic, probably because I again badly explained
myself. What I want to say is that you can't write
add %i0, 4096, %i0
whereas you can write
sub %i0, -4096, %i0
in SPARC language.