This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR optimization/10876
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 24 May 03 19:07:39 EDT
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR optimization/10876
I was using Chris' notation, so the problematic pattern is actually
(plus (reg) (const_int 4096))
which is not valid on SPARC, whereas
(minus (reg) (const_int -4096))
would be, without the canonicalization restriction.
I think you are confused. If the latter is valid, then whatever code
would be generated for it is generated for the former, since they are