This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR optimization/10876
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 24 May 03 19:05:48 EDT
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR optimization/10876
There is exactly one case for which this transformation is not
possible on SPARC: with CONST_INT == -4096. So we'll resort to putting
the constant in a register.
The transformation is in how the RTL is *represented*. A PLUS RTL operation
can either be an addition or a subtraction insn depending on the constant.