This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: failure building gcc-3.3 (broken libiberty/vsprintf.c or build?)
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: dj at redhat dot com, crossgcc at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, peter at baradas dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:41:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: failure building gcc-3.3 (broken libiberty/vsprintf.c or build?)
- References: <20030520053204.ADDB298982@baradas.org> <200305201609.h4KG9jR20778@greed.delorie.com> <200305202059.QAA18111@caip.rutgers.edu> <200305202138.h4KLccd26075@greed.delorie.com> <200305231529.LAA21736@caip.rutgers.edu>
On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 11:29:38AM -0400, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> > From: DJ Delorie <email@example.com>
> > > FWIW, it appears to be fixed on mainline. We can backport vsprintf.c
> > > to 3.3.1 if you think it's worth fixing. Here's the diff:
> > If 3.3 complains about varargs, we should backport it.
> (I did "make vsprintf.o" before and after the patch and verified it
> fixed the problem.)
Ideally there should be a PR for this problem, so I can point to it in
the 3.3.1 release notes. Any volunteers to make one? I would, but I
don't know what platforms that this problem causes a failure for.