This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Small change to expand_expr CONSTRUCTOR handling
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 23 May 2003 10:21:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: Small change to expand_expr CONSTRUCTOR handling
- References: <10305231116.AA17604@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Richard Kenner) writes:
> Try a make before you decide you're done.
> It'd work: I have both patches in my tree, and tested them both, but didn't
> get a chance to check in the second one yesterday since it's large.
The commit rules specifically prohibit this to prevent exactly the
sort of problem which we're seeing. From
> In all cases you must test exactly the change that you intend to
> submit; it's not good enough to test an earlier variant. The tree
> where you perform this test should not have any other changes
> applied to it, because otherwise you cannot be sure that your patch
> will work correctly on its own. Include all your new test cases in
> your testsuite run.
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>