This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Eliminate unnecessary gimplifications
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>,"gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 17:24:24 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Eliminate unnecessary gimplifications
On 23 May 2003, Diego Novillo wrote:
> > Yea, my biggest concern with diving into the nodes in is_simple_stmt
> > would be that it could be rather expensive.
> Well, yeah. That one predicate was a bit heavy handed IIRC.
One could introduce an is_very_simple_stmt(), which would presumably be
cheap, and could be used to not gimplify (hopefully) most of the
statements. More complex ones, for which is_simple_stmt() would be
costly simply would be gimplified, in the hope that the produced cruft