This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Eliminate unnecessary gimplifications
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 23 May 2003 10:54:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Eliminate unnecessary gimplifications
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <200305231426.h4NEQdpQ010231@speedy.slc.redhat.com>
On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 10:26, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> First, the mental model is that if an expression is already in gimple
> form according to its predicate then we should not gimplify the expression.
This is how the gimplifier was born, actually. All those is_simple_*
predicates were initially implemented for that reason. Jason changed
that at some point. I forget the details, though.