This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: speedup collect2 (by not using it)
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu (Andrew Pinski)
- Cc: pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu, austern at apple dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, law at redhat dot com, mrs at apple dot com
- Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 20:20:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: speedup collect2 (by not using it)
> What if you say what the ld when configuring?
I always specify --with-ld when configuring on hppa64 to avoid the problems
that I mentioned. This is the recommended procedure in the installation
documentation. A few months ago I fixed configure to ensure it does
the right thing. This is necessary since the parisc architecture supports
two entirely different runtime environments and there is no simple way
to make GCC support both with a simple runtime switch.
> Does that work, aka you are cross-compiling?
Yes, it works. It should be possible to cross compile from one runtime
to the other. I think that I will need to do that to get ada working on
the 64-bit runtime. As far as I know, nobody has done that yet.
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)