This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Dead code removal before sibcall pass
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, matz at suse dot de
- Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 23:38:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: Dead code removal before sibcall pass
- References: <20030521211406.GC1689@kam.mff.cuni.cz> <20030522180710.GE2016@redhat.com>
> On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 11:14:06PM +0200, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> > this patch enables dead code removal before sibcall pass making more sibcalls
> > to be discovered.
> How often does this happen in real life, as opposed to
> silly test cases?
The removal of dead code is pretty common, of course. I didn't made much
data on how much it affects the amount of found sibcalls but it looks
easy enought to do and it is always better to kill dead insns in time.
I will try to bootstrap GCC and count it.