This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: speedup collect2 (by not using it)
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:40:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: speedup collect2 (by not using it)
- References: <7E891706-8C8C-11D7-8138-003065A77310@apple.com>
>>>>> Mike Stump writes:
> does collect2 ever do anything interesting when
> USE_COLLECT2 isn't defined and -frepo isn't given? Problem areas might
> be IBM (COLLECT_EXPORT_LIST). If aix is a problem, we can always do
> collect2 when COLLECT_EXPORT_LIST is defined.
The GCC configuration for AIX always define use_collect2=yes
because it needs collect2 to build the list of constructors.