This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Eliminate unnecessary copies
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 13:44:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Eliminate unnecessary copies
- References: <200305221734.h4MHY1oR005198@speedy.slc.redhat.com>
On Thu, 22 May 2003 11:34:01 -0600, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> I'm also seeing a number of trivial redundancies we're not catching
> because of the way we handle component references. Odds are we're going
> to want to lower component references at some point to pick up all
> the silly redundancies we currently miss.
We don't lower them currently due to limitations of alias analysis; my
first gimplifier broke apart component refs and array_refs, but that broke