This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: cpplib: reusing cached include files
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:55:44 -0700
- Subject: Re: cpplib: reusing cached include files
- References: <3ECBCA38.email@example.com>
Per Bothner <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> cpplib contains code to cache the contents of an include file.
> However, this code is currently disasbled, presumably because
> it is incompatble with _cpp_clean_line. However, for the compile
> server I really want to be able to re-used the cached buffer.
> The following patch seems to more-or-less work. It's not quite
> right, because I haven't attempted to get the line numbers right.
> However, it shouldn't be too difficult to fix that by replacing
> some of the spaces I've added by newlines instead.
What we want to do is cache the results of _cpp_clean_line, not the