This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Avoiding useless jumps
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 01:16:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Avoiding useless jumps
- References: <200305210409.h4L49ZVG004566@speedy.slc.redhat.com>
Please don't check IS_EMPTY_STMT unless you are specifically interested in
the tree structure. Check TREE_SIDE_EFFECTS instead.
It also might make sense to check for VOID_TYPE and optimize accordingly.
If we're not interested in the value, we should be able to just use the
stmt.c code directly.