This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: "obvious" requirements
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: aph at redhat dot com, fjh at cs dot mu dot OZ dot AU
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 18:08:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: "obvious" requirements
> Regardless of the academic history of this particular usage of the term,
> it nevertheless has a strongly vulgar connotation, and IMHO should be
> avoided in the GCC manual. There are many people who would look for
> any excuse to write GCC off as not a serious contender (maintained by
> a bunch of part-time amateurs who can't even write a proper manual,
> they would like to think) so it is important that the official GCC
> documentation be written in a serious tone.
I strongly agree this this statement.