This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR bootstrap/10169: Use getopt_long in mips-tfile.c
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at www dot eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Kaveh R Ghazi <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 21:34:30 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR bootstrap/10169: Use getopt_long in mips-tfile.c
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 20 May 2003, Roger Sayle wrote:
> Rather than just provide an empty long options table to getopt_long,
> I decided to bring both programs one step closer to following GNU
> standards, by accepting --version, which is equivalent to -v. The
> code to display a version number was already present in mips-tfile.c
> and this implementation was simply copied into mips-tdump.c.
The code in question, old and new, does not follow what the GNU Coding
Standards say about the output of --version. See what e.g. gcc --version
does for examples of the correct format.
Joseph S. Myers