This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: 64-bit variables in libf2c
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- To: Josef Zlomek <zlomj9am at artax dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 22:27:39 +0200
- Subject: Re: RFC: 64-bit variables in libf2c
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <20030520105554.GB9968@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
Josef Zlomek wrote:
on 64-bit machines, some programs in Fortran with direct access IO and
recordlength > 2 GB abort in read (c_due()) because
(cast to 32-bit int) 64-bit_value < 0.
So I tried to replace some types with 64-bit types for IO functions,
see the attached patch. But the 64-bit types are used also on 32-bit
I hoped it would be less invasive then that, but you have to give me
more time to look into it.
I'll file a bug report against libf2c ...
Toon Moene - mailto:email@example.com - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc-g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)