This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR bootstrap/10169: Prototype getopt in mips-tfile.c
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: roger at www dot eyesopen dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, jss at ast dot cam dot ac dot uk
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 14:59:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR bootstrap/10169: Prototype getopt in mips-tfile.c
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
> Any suggestions for how to place ../../gcc/include after /usr/include?
I think the right people to think about this problem are the parser
folks (for choosing include paths that make sense) and the fixincludes
folks (for (perhaps) fixing stdio.h but not getopt.h, creating this
type of problem). I don't know where gcc gets stdio.h on Tru64, but
it might not be /usr/include if it got fixed already.
But fixing this might mean we'll have to be anal about the difference
between <foo.h> and "foo.h" when foo.h is a project-specific header.
> This is out of my league, and I'm concerned about how easy it is to
> break other targets messing with this part of the build machinery.
A valid concern, unfortunately.