This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR bootstrap/10169: Prototype getopt in mips-tfile.c
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: roger at www dot eyesopen dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, jss at ast dot cam dot ac dot uk
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 13:58:46 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR bootstrap/10169: Prototype getopt in mips-tfile.c
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Unfortunately, when mips-file is being built the order of include
> directories has changed and "stdio.h" instead pulls in libiberty's
I think changing this is the proper fix for this problem. System
headers shouldn't be pulling local headers.
Adding a host-specific change to a target-specific file is, IMHO,
always the wrong thing to do. In this case, it will also cause
problems when the host provides a getopt prototype that conflicts with
the one you added.