This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR bootstrap/10169: Prototype getopt in mips-tfile.c
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at www dot eyesopen dot com>
- To: Jeremy Sanders <jss at ast dot cam dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:49:23 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR bootstrap/10169: Prototype getopt in mips-tfile.c
On Mon, 19 May 2003, Jeremy Sanders wrote:
> On Sun, 18 May 2003, Roger Sayle wrote:
> > The following is my proposed fix to GNATS PR bootstrap/10169. The
> > bootstrap on GCC on Tru64 v5.1B fails because getopt hasn't been
> > declared/prototyped before its use in mips-tfile.c. The problem
> > doesn't occur on Tru64 v5.1.
> The patch fixes the compilation of mips-tfile.c on Tru64 v5.1B, but
> unfortunately it then fails on mips-tdump.c with the same error:
Excellent. I mean its good that you can confirm it fixes the original
failure. I'll wait to hear from DJ (or another reviewer) that adding
this prototype is indeed the correct fix. If so I'll post the "obvious"
related patch to add the same prototype to mips-tdump.c.
Many thanks again.