This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [3.3] [PATCH] Do not promote integer return value...
- From: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- To: aaganichev at yandex dot ru
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 09:17:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: [3.3] [PATCH] Do not promote integer return value...
- References: <3EC883D2.email@example.com>
"Alexander Aganichev" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> The problem: Z80 port I'm working on require "char" and "int" passed
> in the different registers (at least SDSI compiler do that). GCC
> promotes integer types smaller than "int" to "int" without checking
> for PROMOTE_FUNCTION_RETURN macros.
> I'm not sure which of two patches I've made should be applied to the
> tree and if it should be rewritten in the different way (f.e., by
> using PROMOTE_MODE or if this code need to be removed at all). Here
> are possible patches:
> First version (removes promotion on all platforms):
Do you have a test case for this? Please supply one and tell us on
which platforms you have tested this,
SuSE Labs email@example.com