This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR bootstrap/10007
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>,Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 14:02:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR bootstrap/10007
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 06:29:29PM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> It's the libjava-is-compiled-even-if-the-java-language-is-not-enabled bug.
> Bootstrap with Java enabled, then do 'make distclean', configure without Java
> (for example c,c++) and do 'make bootstrap': libjava gets built (tested on
> several Sparc boxes).
> I didn't investigate the chain of dependencies but, after 'make distclean',
> the $(objdir) directory is empty except that it still contains the 'gcc'
> subdirectory. Issuing 'rm -r gcc' solves the problem.
> Ok for mainline?
> Mark, I guess one could argue that it is regression from the time there was
> no Java compiler. And it can be really annoying. Ok for 3.3 branch?
Unless I'm missing something, no, this is not OK. Consider in-srcdir
builds; you just deleted the source tree.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer