This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[patch] config.gcc: Clear more variables at top
- From: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: geoffk at geoffk dot org
- Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 12:07:51 -0400
- Subject: [patch] config.gcc: Clear more variables at top
Geoff Keating said:
>Can you send the correct patch?
As requested, here's the correct version of
The problem here is that these aren't set by every machine (some use the
default values, set later in configure.in). Accordingly, when one is
by a BUILD machine, it overrides the defaults for the HOST and TARGET
machines, which is almost certainly wrong.
I've been considering breaking the file up so that it isn't run through
three times; but in the course of doing that I ran into things which are
simple errors, like this. So I'm dealing with those now.
* config.gcc: Clear xm_file, md_file at the beginning of each pass.
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/gcc/gcc/config.gcc,v
retrieving revision 1.288
diff -u -r1.288 config.gcc
--- config.gcc 28 Feb 2003 18:17:33 -0000 1.288
+++ config.gcc 21 Mar 2003 03:48:20 -0000
@@ -224,6 +224,10 @@
+# Don't carry these over build->host->target. Please.
# Obsolete configurations.
case $machine in