This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] Fix PR8442, 8806
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: <lerdsuwa at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 18 May 2003 12:46:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] Fix PR8442, 8806
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Kriang Lerdsuwanakij <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| One major change is the xref_tag function (most of the patch
| just adjust the xref_tag callers). The name lookup change makes
| the lookup_name behavior consistent allowing xref_tag to rely
| solely on this function rather than using 3 different methods
| (IDENTIFIER_TYPE_VALUE, lookup_tag, and lookup_name) when
| 'globalize' is true. A new parameter 'template_header_p' is
| added to simplify various checks inside this function. Another
| check about the deprecate implicit typename is also removed.
The name lookup code in cc1plus is really a nightmarre, it isn't
really correct and it is not efficient. Once the unification work is
completed, I believe we'll have less trouble with it.