This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Fix builtins/string-asm.c failures for __USER_LABEL_PREFIX__ != "" (Was: static-after-extern tests vs. mips explicit relocs)
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at superh dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>, Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>, "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>, aoliva at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:40:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: RFA: Fix builtins/string-asm.c failures for __USER_LABEL_PREFIX__ != "" (Was: static-after-extern tests vs. mips explicit relocs)
- References: <3EC29CBA.D2FB7474@superh.com> <20030514221043.GA9567@redhat.com> <3EC5138B.9C891271@superh.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 05:36:27PM +0100, Joern Rennecke wrote:
> Richard Henderson wrote:
> > On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 08:44:58PM +0100, Joern Rennecke wrote:
> > > gcc:
> > > * c-decl.c (finish_decl): When setting the DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME
> > > of a function using ASMSPEC, prepend a star.
> > I suspect we need a similar change somewhere in the C++ front end.
> There doesn't seem any interest in discussing what this extension is
> supposed to do for C++ or other front ends, so it could take years
> till we reach a conclusion on this.
Well, only C++, other frontends don't have the __asm redirection.
I plan to work on it soon, once I find some spare time for it.