This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Remove gccbug from bugreport.texi, take 4
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth at ices dot utexas dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>,"Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 16:43:40 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Remove gccbug from bugreport.texi, take 4
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 15 May 2003, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:
> Appended are two patches to bugs.html and bugreport.texi/g77.texi.
Also the bugs.html part is fine, thanks! (Just consider, which not
necessarily means implement, the suggestion below please.)
> Index: htdocs/bugs.html
> ! <p>The main purpose of a bug report is to enable someone to fix the bug. The
> ! most important prerequisite for this is that the report must be complete and
> ! self-contained, which we explain in detail below.
> ! Our preferred way of receiving bugs is via our
> ! <a href="gnats.html">online bug reporting system</a>.</p>
"us" instead of "someone"? (Even though I do understand that "us" is not
clearly defined in that case, from the point of view of an inexperienced
user it may appear more friendly.)
"To that end, the report..."?
> ! Only if all this is absolutely not possible, mail all information to
> ! <a href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org</a>, but note that
> ! such reports are often overlooked since they are not permanently recorded into
> ! the database for later processing.</p>
> ! source files to be reproduced should you use an archive. This is, for example,
> ! the case if you are using <code>INCLUDE</code> directives in Fortran code,
> ! which are not processed by the preprocessor, but the compiler. In that case,
> ! we need the main and all <code>INCLUDE</code>d files. In any case,
"main file and all...files"?
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/