This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFA] __attribute__((inline_everything)) 2nd try
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenth at tat dot physik dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- Cc: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 11:52:26 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [RFA] __attribute__((inline_everything)) 2nd try
On Thu, 15 May 2003, Richard Guenther wrote:
> > You are creative ;-)
> > It's descriptive, but still sounds funny. I like it.
> Are we supposed to use verbs here or can we use
This sounds like a statement (i.e. saying that this is indeed a leaf
function), in contrast to a command (saying that it has to be transformed
into a leaf function). I think making it sound like a command would be
better. Therefore flatten* or leafify* are better than flat* or leaf*.
Except that I think that leafify stretches the english grammar a bit ;)
But I'm not a native speaker.