This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Remove gccbug from bugreport.texi, take 3
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth at ices dot utexas dot edu>
- Cc: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Rainer Orth <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 23:41:13 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Remove gccbug from bugreport.texi, take 3
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 13 May 2003, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:
> > [...]
> > This (information on preprocessed source for Fortran files) may need
> > something added to bugs.html.
> > [...]
> > INCLUDE directives also seem Fortran-specific information.
> Doesn't --save-temps work for g77 as well? I thought these sections
> might predate --save-temps, which we don't have all that long.
If -save-temps works for g77, the file won't be .i (C) or .ii (C++) and we
should appropriately state what the suffix is. I don't know what INCLUDE
directives do but they don't look like something that goes through the C
preprocessor. The Fortran maintainer should be able to advise on what
bugs.html ought to have in the way of Fortran-specific information to
replace this text in the manual.
Joseph S. Myers