This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Remove gccbug from bugreport.texi, take 3
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth at ices dot utexas dot edu>
- Cc: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Rainer Orth <ro at TechFak dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 22:57:06 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Remove gccbug from bugreport.texi, take 3
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Tue, 13 May 2003, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:
> OK, thanks for the suggestion. I read to through the entire bug reporting
> section of bugreport.texi, and in my view all that's there is also in
> bugs.html, and in particular is more concise and less verbose than here.
> Some things are not up-to-date, for example that reports should be sent to
> the mailing lists. So I just ripped most of it out. I don't think there's
> anything in particular which needs to be taken over to bugs.html.
> So is the following something that people would like?
This patch looks good to me (the copyright notice in bugreport.texi may
need updating, and there's a typo "thath" on the last line of the patch);
let Gerald look at it as well (and if it's approved, a follow-up patch to
do much the same with the Fortran manual would be nice). These patches
should be able to go on the 3.3 branch after 3.3 is released, so that the
3.3.1 manual (and hopefully the next printed edition, depending on the
status of that work) doesn't have the outdated information.
Joseph S. Myers