This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR fortran/9972
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:16:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR fortran/9972
- References: <200305131801.OAA25606@makai.watson.ibm.com>
David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Without flag_inline_functions enabled and WITHOUT optimization,
> the compilation deferral is performing dead function elimination. The
> Fortran front-end is relying on that behavior because it did not emit the
> global data symbols referenced by the dead function code.
So what I think you're saying is that the Fortran front end relies on
dead function elimination happening whether or not optimization is