This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH RS6000 (non ppc64)] add peephole for adding an unsigned int and an long long together
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:02:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH RS6000 (non ppc64)] add peephole for adding an unsigned int and an long long together
- References: <801B1C2C-84D9-11D7-AA71-000393A6D2F2@physics.uc.edu>
On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 08:26:12PM -0400, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> * config/rs6000/rs6000.md: New peephole2 for adding unsigned int
> and long long together. (*adddi3_noppc64_disi): New insn for
> adding unsigned int and long long together.
I don't think you should do this via peephole2. You should
be able to write an insn pattern and let combine do this.