This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Remove gccbug from bugreport.texi
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth at ices dot utexas dot edu>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:47:26 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Remove gccbug from bugreport.texi
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 13 May 2003, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:
>> There are large parts of the world where the normal (or only available)
>> form of network access is dialup, charged by the minute, so WWW bug
>> reporting is significantly more expensive for those users than composing a
>> message with gccbug offline.
> I think that's inappropriate, too. I was living with a 14k modem until
> last year. It was fast enough to sometimes read the newspaper.
I believe Joseph and you are arguing about two different issues here:
maximum bandwidth is one, the online time required to fill out a web
form the other.
> I'd like to stress again that I don't want to kill gccbug at all. I'm
> just removing it from the list of recommended ways of submitting PRs.
Unless Joseph strongly objects (in which case we need to discuss), I'd
approve a patch where you first list the URL and then write "Alternatively,
you can also submit a bug using the gccbug scripp..." or similar.
I suppose that in the end this will still have the desired result.
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/