This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [arm] add tune_xscale flag
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Philip Blundell <pb at nexus dot co dot uk>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 11:45:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: [arm] add tune_xscale flag
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> At present, the "arm_is_xscale" flag controls both tuning and
> instruction set selection. In Debian, we'd like to be able to use
> -march=armv3 -mtune=xscale, so as to get tolerable instruction
> scheduling but retain compatibility with older cores. This patch adds a
> separate flag to make that work.
> 2003-05-11 Philip Blundell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/arm/arm.c (tune_xscale): New.
> (arm_override_options): Set it.
> (arm_adjust_cost): Use it in place of arm_is_xscale.
> (arm_gen_load_multiple): Likewise.
> (arm_gen_store_multiple): Likewise.
> * config/arm/arm.md (is_xscale): Likewise.
> * config/arm/arm.h (tune_xscale): Declare.
Please use "arm_tune_xscale" and "arm_arch_xscale". Other than that, OK.