This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix dealing with large (>2GB) static data initalizers
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: hubicka at ucw dot cz, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rth at cygnus dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 07:49:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: Fix dealing with large (>2GB) static data initalizers
- References: <20030511173535.GD12474@kam.mff.cuni.cz> <200305120508.BAA23513@caip.rutgers.edu>
> A couple of comments on your patch:
> 1. You're still not taking full advantage of the possible range. Why
> not use `unsigned HOST_WIDE_INT' and HOST_WIDE_INT_PRINT_UNSIGNED
> throughout instead of the signed counterparts?
OK, I will do the replacement. It easy.
> Careful, you seem to have missed the leading comma.
> 3. What's with the backquotes around the \n in the call to putc
> below? You did the same in several more places following this one.
I will fix these two (and use string concatenation). Iterestlingly
enought I was fixing the reversed quotes once before (the patch was made
on Spanish keyboard that made me go crazy). Thanks!