This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] allow zero_extract combines - checked in
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: echristo at redhat dot com (Eric Christopher)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 22:43:35 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] allow zero_extract combines - checked in
> Odd. I love exposing bugs in other places. It means I only have to look
> at the entire rest of the compiler ;)
Well it's probably not as bad as that :)
> Hey, btw, do you have an updated config.guess for hppa64-hp-hpux11.00? I
> have to explicitly set it.
No, the current version supports hppa64-hp-hpux11.00. The situation
is somewhat different from other ports in that the 32 and 64-bit ports
are completely separate ports. This is pretty much the situation with
HP's tools as well, although HP provides wrappers around them.
The way to get this to work is to define PATH so that configure finds
a 64-bit version of gcc, or you can define CC so that it selects
a 64-bit compiler (e.g., CC="cc -Ae +DA2.0W"). Then, config.guess will
automatically select hppa64-hp-hpux11.00 rather than hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00.
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)