This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Implement log builtin as x87 intrinsic
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at www dot eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 19:22:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Implement log builtin as x87 intrinsic
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 07:58:20PM -0600, Roger Sayle wrote:
> * config/i386/i386.md (logsf2, logdf2, logxf2, logdf2): New patterns
> to implement log, logf and logl built-ins as inline x87 intrinsics.
> (UNSPEC_FYL2X): New unspec to represent x87's "fyl2x" instruction.
> (*fyl2x_sfxf3, *fyl2x_dfxf3, *fyl2x_xf3, *fyl2x_tfxf3): New insn
> patterns for x87's "fyl2x" instruction, used by log?f2 patterns.
> * reg-stack.c (subst_stack_regs_pat): Handle UNSPEC_FYL2X like
> UNSPEC_FPATAN, i.e. replaces two stack operands with single result.
> * gcc.dg/i386-387-1.c: Update to also test log.
> * gcc.dg/i386-387-2.c: Likewise.