This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: diagnostic.c reorganization
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 11 May 2003 09:52:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: diagnostic.c reorganization
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <email@example.com>
Zack Weinberg <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| +/* A "pedantic" warning. Use this for code which triggers a
| + diagnostic which is required by the relevant language
| + specification, but which is considered unhelpful (i.e. there isn't
| + anything *really* wrong with the construct in the language as she
| + is spoke).
This comment is unhelpful and inaccurate. Please remove the part
(i.e. there isn't anything *really* wrong with the construct in the
language as she is spoke).
and change "is considered unhelpful" to "GCC consideres too restrictive".
That woule be much more close to the reality.