This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Add new target: vxworks for xscale
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: zack at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 10 May 03 13:39:45 EDT
- Subject: Re: Add new target: vxworks for xscale
Given what you have said, and given how very broken the patch was, I
can only conclude you did not test it beyond "yup, it compiles." For
instance, any program that used exception handling would have gotten
loader errors when actually run on VxWorks.
No, I didn't test it, instead taking it for granted that the submitter did.
I only test patches to make sure they don't break mainline targets, assuming
that the submitter verified they do as they are supposed to. Indeed I'm
quite surprised it worked on his configuration but not on yours.
It was partly your comment about loader errors that motivated me to get
Olivier involved since it seems like there are different configurations