This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Add new target: vxworks for xscale
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 10 May 03 10:58:58 EDT
- Subject: Re: Add new target: vxworks for xscale
Why didn't the patch author just submit the patch to gcc-patches for
review (whether by you, or by the VxWorks maintainers, and with possible
comments by anyone who happened to read the patch on gcc-patches before it
was reviewed) in the ordinary manner in the first place?
Because of the "drift" of sources: they were not against the head sources,
but against the 3.2 branch, where they could not be applied due to the state
of that branch.
What I've been working on over the last few weeks has been going
through a large list of such patches, updating them to the head sources,
reviewing and testing them, and installing them.