This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Add new target: vxworks for xscale
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: zack at codesourcery dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 14:59:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: Add new target: vxworks for xscale
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <10305101227.AA22316@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
Richard Kenner wrote:
> I'm sure it appears to work. That doesn't make it correct. In any
> case, in my capacity as the VxWorks configury maintainer, I don't
> want this code in the FSF tree until it's rewritten. Are you going
> to back out the patch?
> I want to give Olivier some time to comment before we do anything.
He can do that whether or not the patch is in the FSF tree. Take it
out now, please.
I don't appreciate your tone here.
Both of us have blanket write privileges and can't order the other around.
I don't like this approach. As a Fortran maintainer, I could surely be
presented with patches thought up or adopted by a global write
maintainer. That doesn't mean I'd just forgo my right to review them ...
Just applying patches written by someone else without review is utterly
wrong, in my not so humble opinion.
Toon Moene - mailto:email@example.com - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc-g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)