This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Add new target: vxworks for xscale
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: echristo at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 23:05:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: Add new target: vxworks for xscale
- References: <10305100238.AA21030@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 10:38:16PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> And why are you checking in patches you don't understand? I'd understand
> checking in patches that you understand and have approved (and were also
> sent to the list preferably), but something you don't understand?
> Understanding the patch and understanding whether some other patch might
> work better are not the same thing! The latter requires far more knowlege
> of what's being done than anybody but the patch submitter is likely to have.
> I completely understand what this patch is doing and it seems OK to me.
> It doesn't seem OK to Zack. I'd like to defer any comments on his remarks
> until I hear from the person who actually did the work and can comment on
> what whether the things Zack suggests also works or not.
Richard, with all respect:
VxWorks ports Zack Weinberg email@example.com
VxWorks ports Nathan Sidwell firstname.lastname@example.org
A maintainer of VxWorks support has asked you to back out this VxWorks
patch which you committed without waiting for review. Doesn't it seem
more appropriate to back it out and then have the discussion?
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer