This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Add new target: vxworks for xscale
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: echristo at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 9 May 03 22:38:16 EDT
- Subject: Re: Add new target: vxworks for xscale
And why are you checking in patches you don't understand? I'd understand
checking in patches that you understand and have approved (and were also
sent to the list preferably), but something you don't understand?
Understanding the patch and understanding whether some other patch might
work better are not the same thing! The latter requires far more knowlege
of what's being done than anybody but the patch submitter is likely to have.
I completely understand what this patch is doing and it seems OK to me.
It doesn't seem OK to Zack. I'd like to defer any comments on his remarks
until I hear from the person who actually did the work and can comment on
what whether the things Zack suggests also works or not.